Community foundations provide each donor a unique giving experience, tailored to suite his or her situation and goals. Here are the basics - how you can create a fund. For details, contact your local community foundation.
- You make a gift to your community foundation. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- The community foundation sets up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- Based on the type of fund you establish, you may be able to stay involved in the good works your gift makes possible. You can recommend an area or organization you'd like your gift to support, or rely on the community foundation's experienced program staff to determine and address the areas of greatest need in your community.
- The community foundation board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- We handle the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested and will grow over time. Grants addressing community needs will be made forever.
Learn more about:
charitable funds - great giving options
charitable instruments - what you can give and how to give it
charitable assets - what you can give
There is so much more we'd like you to know. For more information and ideas on ways to integrate your financial planning with charitable giving, ask your financial advisor or
contact your local community foundation.